Recently I’ve wanted to start taking time for self care every day, which has made me sort of get creative with what I do so that I do things that are manageable for me to do every single day .
Self Care means that you take time out of your day to take care of yourself and make sure that you are healthy and taking time to relax. Often times for me it’s taking lazy time during the day to watch a few youtube videos or to go shopping online for a little bit, but these are my top 10 things that I do once a day to help me take care of myself and relax a little bit.
1. Make A Meal: This one isn’t for everyone but I love taking time at night to put together a nicer meal for myself. This lets me take a step back and not only make sure that my body gets what it needs, but it also helps me slow down my life for a little and re-center myself by focusing on one task. I also love to try new recipes, because it’s fun for me to do.
2. Shower: You should always shower every day but I find it helpful to do it at the end of the night when I have everything done so that I can take a little bit longer. I like having unlimited time for a shower so that I can just stand under the water and let my muscles relax for little bit. I tend to not take too long, though, because I get bored after a few minutes.
3. Hot Coco: This one takes a little bit longer. If I’ve had a very stressful day I sit down on my bed and just drink the hot coco while watching the world outside my window. The rule is that I can’t leave my bed until I finished the drink, because it makes me relax and helps me figure out the problem that I have by sitting down and figuring it out step by step.
4. Hand Sewing: So I honestly hate hand sewing because it takes so much time but if my find is racing it’s really helpful to slow down a little bit. Although it doesn’t take a ton of concentration it takes time that allows my mind to process and race, but once that’s done I’m able to continue with my tasks for the day. This oddly is one of my favorite things to do for self care, because I’ ale to also check something off my list instead of just taking time for me .
5. Go To Bed Early: this is one that I’m always up for (and something I do too often). Getting enough sleep is really important, and sadly since my depression manifests mainly in really bad sleep schedules, always wanting to sleep, and simply not being bale to get out of bed I always make sure that I have a very structured sleep schedule that forces me to get up at the same time each day so that do something. So or me going to bed early is a great way to treat myself and just let my body do what it wants for a little bit. This also works if it’s a nap during the day. To be honestly I do this one too often….
So those are the to five things that I do for self care and to make sure that I am taking care of myself, in some form, during the week.
What’s your favorite thing to do to treat yourself? Let me know in the comments below!
See you soon,