I wanted to sit down and talk about 10 things that I wish that freshman knew that first week of college. This isn’t meant to offend anyone or make them upset, but I wanted to talk about it really quick just to clue you in on somethings that really annoy me.
- Don’t be loud, there’s no need for that. I know the seniors guys do it but guess what they shouldn’t be doing it either. It’s annoying.
- Don’t complain about the bus, that’s just how it is and you can’t change it.
- You’ll learn to love the food. Please be quiet.
- You don’t need to go hard on the first weekend, to be honest it’s scary and your friends are more likely to take you to the hospital.
- Yes, you will get to the point where you’ll steal from the cafeteria. Yes, the workers know about it, no they aren’t really going to stop you.
- Get involved! It’s fun and you make friends.
- Write everything down. Keep a journal because these moments where you are scared of everything will pass, and you will grow. Keeping a journal to track what you’re doing is a great thing to do.
- Think about the tattoo. Yes the other people have them, but think about it before you get it.
- Get some sleep, your body is going insane right now while you’re adapting, and it’s under stress. Take care of yourself to make sure that you don’t get sick.
- Call your parents, they want to know what you’re ok.
So those are my 10 tips for freshman. I hope that this helps you and will make your first week away from home a little bit better.
What would you tell your freshman self if you could? Leave it in the comments to help our little freshman out.
See you soon,